Emergency Manager Steve Edwards reported the following to the MCS board:
- Overview of town hall meetings with staff and later with the community on October 5, 2017
- Report to the Distressed Unit Appeals Board (DUAB) on October 11, 2017. These meetings are broadcast and available for viewing at http://in.gov/dlgf/7175.htm.
- Debt refinancing that will secure approximately $1.9 million for 2017.
- Teacher negotiations. The next session is scheduled for November 2.
- Work with the IDOE that will allow members of the Delaware-Blackford County Special Education Cooperative to pay their transfer tuition and shared costs to MCS throughout the school year rather than the end of the year without increasing maintenance of effort (MOE) costs.
- Review efforts with Dr. Baule and legal counsel of proposals received for marketed properties.